COOLdock Laptop Stand -- The Coolest Laptop Stand Around » read source
Introducing the COOLdock Laptop Stand - an easy and cost-effective solution to help prevent the problems associated with overheating. In recent times overheating has been a hot topic for laptop users, with battery recalls from major manufacturers, including Dell, who recalled over four million batteriesdue to risk of explosion and overheating defects, leaving many users in the lurch, and others feeling uneasy about the ongoing safety and reliability of theirs.
"Not only will the COOLdock Laptop Stand keep your system cool, its ergonomic design will also help reduce back, neck and wrist strain, by improving posture. While laptop computers are handy and endlessly portable, the effects can be debilitating for heavy users," enthuses Bad Back Store's Managing Director Felicity Wood.
Its unique inbuilt cooling fan system dissipates heat away from your computer. Better still it plugs directly into a USB port - no mains power required. A cooler laptop reduces heat build-up, which extends battery life and processing speed. The problem of course, is that the screen and keyboard are attached. This is convenient when you are on the go, but its design means a trade-off between poor neck/head posture and poor hand/wrist posture; either the keyboard is too high or the screen is too low.
"The COOLdock Laptop Stand offers eight levels of adjustable screen height tilt providing the ultimate in ergonomic comfort. It's really a state-of-the-art ugrade for your laptop, a real must have," says Wood.
- Built-in 2 cooling fans dissipate heat away from the laptop and cools down the overall temperature of the system
- Space-saving, money-saving solution eliminates the need for extra monitors.
- Smart, simple fashion and unique design
- Built-in 4-port USB 2.0 hub provides one-time connection for computer accessories
- 8 Level adjustable screen height tilt for optimal viewing and ergonomic comfort.
- Allows positioning of LCD at eye-level to help reduce neck strain.
- 4 USB 2.0 ports
- Product Dimension : 327x281x46mm
- ON/OFF power switch
- Airflow: 30 CFM
- Rated Consumption: 0.9 W
- Fan Dimension: 60 x 60 x 10 mm
- Rated Voltage: 5V DC
- Power Current: 0.18 A
- Rated Speed: 3500 ± 10%RPM
- Static Pressure: 2.01 mm H2O
- Noise Level: < 26 dBA
Some additional tips to help improve posture when working on a laptop include:
- When using the laptop keyboard, try not to drop your wrists onto the "wristrest". Instead, move your hands freely across the keyboard and keep your hands in line with your elbows.
- Raise the laptop so the top of the screen is just below eye level.
- Use an external mouse and keyboard and keep them at the edge of your desk.
- Adjust your chair so your desk is just a little below your sitting elbow height.
- Don't lean on your desk while typing and keep your elbows in line with your shoulders, hanging loosely at your sides.