Mac OS X TextExpander 2.0 » read source
SmileOnMyMac has released TextExpander 2.0, a new version of its customizable typing shortcut tool for Mac OS X. With TextExpander, users can define abbreviations for frequently-used text strings and images, also known as snippets. TextExpander can correct typos and misspellings.
When an abbreviation is typed, it expands automatically to the full snippet. The new version of TextExpander incorporates many features for organizing, sharing and syncing snippets. TextExpander is a preference pane, accessible from your menu bar. You create a library of frequently-used text and image snippets with associated abbreviations.
A 30-day fully-functioning demo of TextExpander can be downloaded from the official website. The price is $29.95. A new Family Pack license is available for $44.95, which covers up to five computers in one household. Mac OS X 10.4 is required.
In TextExpander 2.0, users can organize snippets into groups. Preferences can be set by group; each group can be enabled or disabled in specified applications and can have its own alert sound. Adding new snippets has been simplified in TextExpander 2.0. Snippets can be automatically generated from a selection or from the Clipboard via user-customized hotkeys.
Sharing snippet files is easy with TextExpander 2.0. The new version supports multiple snippet groups from external and even online files. These groups can be set to update any changes made to such files at regular intervals. For those who use snippets on multiple computers, TextExpander 2.0 offers synchronization via .Mac.
"TextExpander users are very passionate about the program," said Greg Scown, co-founder of SmileOnMyMac. "When we asked them what they wanted to see in the new version, we got an incredible response, with lots of good ideas for new features. We've done our best to incorporate most of them in TextExpander 2.0."
- Save thousands of keystrokes by using short abbreviations to insert "snippets" containing frequently-used phrases and images
- Insert standard greetings and signatures — including formatted text and pictures
- Organize snippets into groups
- Add snippet groups from external files and online sources
- Sync snippets via .Mac
- Insert the current date and time in any format you prefer
- Add common typos to your snippet library--TextExpander will automatically correct them for you!
- (more info)
- Type special characters without having to launch a special characters palette
- Import snippets from other typing utilities, including Textpander, TypeIt4Me (v2 & 3) and Typinator (v1)
- Trigger snippet expansions automatically by typing the abbreviations you specify, or use any one of over 30 delimiter characters as a trigger
- Position the cursor wherever you want in your expanded snippet
- Programmers: make editor-independent code templates and invoke AppleScripts
» Posted by admin
Be the first one to comment on this news!
Login or register to add a comment