PhatNotes 5.0 - Windows Mobile 6 And Windows Vista Notes Organizing Software » read source
PhatWare Corporation, a provider of software products and professional services for mobile and desktop computers, announces the release of PhatNotes 5.0, the next generation of the company's notes organizer software for Microsoft Windows based desktop computers and Windows Mobile smartphones. Unlike previous versions of PhatNotes, the new version will not include multiple editions of the software. PhatNotes 5.0 supports mobile devices powered by Windows Mobile 2003 software or later and desktop, portable, or tablet computers running Windows XP or later.
Instead, there will be only one edition of PhatNotes that supports both Standard (non-touch screen) and Professional (touch screen) devices and includes the desktop software and the synchronization module for ActiveSync and Windows Mobile Device Center for Windows Vista. PhatNotes 5.0 is available now at the list price of $39.95. A free 30-day trial version of PhatNotes 5.0 can be downloaded from the PhatWare web site.
PhatNotes allows users to create notes and organize them by type, subject, creation, and modification date. The software provides powerful text search with regular expression support, document security and email capabilities. PhatNotes, a winner of Smartphone and Pocket PC Magazine’s Best Software Awards in the notes category for six consecutive years as well as other industry awards, is one of the most popular Pocket PC and Smartphone note-taking applications on the market.
"Windows Mobile provides the flexibility for people to customize their mobile experience, choosing the right tools to help them increase their personal and professional productivity while on the go," said John Dietz, group product manager, Microsoft Corp.
Dietz further adds: "We're excited that PhatWare is continuing to develop and enhance the PhatNotes experience for Windows Mobile, and across other Microsoft platforms, providing yet another option for people to communicate, stay organized and get things done.”
"We are thrilled about the recent improvements made to PhatNotes based on the professional and consumer feedback we received since the previous version of PhatNotes was released," said PhatWare president Stan Miasnikov. "PhatWare appreciates all of the input received by industry professionals and consumers to make PhatNotes among the best in its class."
New Major Features in version 5
- Windows Vista support
- Windows Mobile 6 support
- New database manager now supports multiple groups (folders), drag and drop
- Context analyzer allows dialing phone numbers, opening URLs, and sending emails by clicking on a word that represents a phone number, a URL, or an email address.
- Full Unicode support
- New 256-bit strong encryption algorithm for password-protected notes
- New synchronization module supports Windows Mobile Device Center for Windows Vista and ActiveSync 4.5
- Improved user interface
- New MSI-based installer
Desktop PC specific
- Nine pre-defined UI themes, including 4 skins similar to those in the 2007 Microsoft Office system
- New database engine
- New text formatting features
- New UI for PhatNotes Alarms desktop utility
- Customizable context analyzer
- New multilingual spell checker (allows sharing dictionaries between desktop and mobile device)
- New Favorites window allows quick access to favorite notes
- New Shortcut window allows to launch favorite application and open URLs/Files directly from PhatNotes
- New Alarms window allows quick access to pending reminders
Standard (Non-Touch Screen) specific
- PhatSpell - Multilingual spell checker (US English dictionary is included, dictionaries for other supported languages can be downloaded)
- Support for rich text formatting (Windows Mobile 5.0 or later)
Professional (Touch Screen) specific
- Added new buttons and second toolbar for the Note Editor dialog
- Added new text formatting features (Windows Mobile 5.0 or later)
- Improved handling of user reminders (alarms)